Watermelon. Does anything say summer more?
Sometimes though the occasion calls for something a little less casual than a seed spitting contest. For those occasions, here’s a refreshing, grownup way to get your watermelon.
- 1 small organic watermelon
- 1 bunch organic radishes
- 2 large field cucumbers or 1 regular english (english are nice because you can leave on the skin, you may want to peel the field variety)
- handful of fresh mint & basil to taste
- Optional – Chopped jicama or fennel. For an extra bite serve on top of fresh arugula or watercress.
- 1/4c olive oil
- juice of 1 (organic) lemon
- sea salt and garlic powder (or minced fresh) to taste
- fresh ground pepper if desired
Chop the cucumber and watermelon into approx. the same size cubes. Thinly slice radishes (I use a mandolin). Chop/tear all herbs. Mix and pour dressing on top!