Tomato season isn’t really upon us. (Although, there are a few on the vine!)
Yet I can’t stop thinking about this….
- 2 slices of fresh toasted bread spread with fresh guacamole.
- A thickly sliced juicy tomato.
- A handful of lettuce or arugula.
- 2 slices of extra old cheddar cheese (or for pure decadence skip the guac and cheddar and try a few slices of cambanzola cheese) .
- Lots of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
That’s it. Is there anything more noble than the tomato sandwich?
A tomato sandwich with bacon.